home Facebook My Shop Current Challenge Videos Current Winners Ask Jo

Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Tulips for Easter



Little Blue Button Stamps


Hello sweet friends! 
Today it is my turn to be up on the Little Blue Button Stamps Blog to showcase a wonderful Easter project. You have to go and stop by and check it out because all month long, the designers have been bringing the inspiration!

I decided to keep my Easter card very clean and simple. I wanted the focus to be on the image and for this card, I used the beautiful Tulips digital stamp. Tulips are my favorite flower and I just knew these would look beautiful on a card for Easter.


I printed the image out onto some Bristol smooth cardstock and colored the image in with my copic markers. I like working with the copics with the Bristol paper as well. For some reason the alcohol pens blend so much more smoothly. Once the image was colored, I added some white pen doodles and then cut it out using the scalloped edged border dies from My Favorite Things. The Easter word die is from Simon Says Stamp and was cut out of some Carta Bella Paper. I added in a few sequins in the upper right corner to bring this card together and added some glitter to the tulips using my spectrum noir clear sparkle pen. And as you can see from the photo, I went out of the lines a bit when coloring! That is what happens when you are in a  lot of pain and trying to keep as still as can be! But it is the beauty of a handmade card, right? Hope you like!




Please make sure to stop by the Little Blue Button Stamps Blog to see more gorgeous Easter projects! You will surely be inspired to make some of your own!! If you want to purchase the Tulips digital stamp or any other stamp you may have been eyeing up, just go visit the LBBS Store.  Thank you so much for stopping by today and have a great day!!! 


Until next time,
Enjoy life's blessings~


11 comments:

  1. This is so gorgeous, Jo!! The tulips look amazing!! I love the colors and the sparkle you added!! Beautiful card, my friend!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how Pretty Jo.. LOVE the "Easter" word die.. it really makes the card look more Elegant... wonderful coloring and I always like a touch of sparkle! Looks wonderful! Have a great day! :)

    Theresa
    Theresa’s Crafty Creations

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card. Love the tulips.
    Valerija xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty, Jo. I love the sparkle you added, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful!! Love your coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Jo! I love the image and you colored it perfectly! I love the rich colors and pretty touch of sparkle! So pretty!
    Have a great day!
    Sherrie k

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super pretty and love the little touch of sequins, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great CAS card and love the beautiful tulip image-they are my hubbys favourite flowers too
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a very lovely Spring card!! Love the addition of the sparkle! :) Hugs & Smiles - *Vicki*

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a beautiful card my friend!! I love the pretty tulips! Love the touch of sparkle you added. The Easter word die is Awesome!
    Simple, Stunning and Beautiful! Love your coloring!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting With Creative M

    ReplyDelete

Your lovely comments always put a smile on my face! I love reading each and every one! Thank you for stopping by~
Hugs,
~Jo~