home Facebook My Shop Current Challenge Videos Current Winners Ask Jo

Sunday, July 22, 2012

Say it with Sentiments Challenge #79

Hi Friends! Hope you are all having a great weekend. Today I'm sharing a card I made for Paper Playtime's Say it with Sentiments challenge. For this challenge the sentiment was "miss you" or to create a card or project letting that special someone in your life know that they are missed. So here is the card I created


I took a background stamp by Hampton Arts and inked it up using versamark ink and then heat embossed the image using some black EP. I colored the image in using multiple copics and unfortunately I had put about half of them away before I noticed  that I didn't write them down, so I couldn't tell you which copics I did use. All I do know is that I used quite a few of them and I can say that I was very pleased with how vibrant the copics color popped on this image after it had already been heat embossed. It gave a raised image and I just loved the look of it! I then took my white sakura gel pen and made some dots around certain portions of the image to make them pop a bit more. The image is up on foam tape.

The sentiment "missing you" was actually a dollar stamp that I pulled out of a bin at Michael's long ago so this was the perfect stamp for this challenge. To finish off my card I added some twine from The Twinery.
  Thank you for stopping by my blog today!!


5 comments:

  1. Oh my that is beautiful. Love the colors on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty!! It makes me think of what you see when you look through a toy kaleidoscope!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!!! This is awesome Jo!!! Love the image and the great vibrant colors. So very beautiful!!! Thank you so very much for playing with us at Paper Playtime!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jo... this is gorgeous! I love that stain glass look. GREAT card! Thanks for playing with us at Paper Playtime. :) Janis

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jo, this is so gorgeous :)I adore the stamp you used, and the coloring is so effective! Those dollar bins at Michael's hold some great stamps!! Thanks for playing with us at Paper Playtime this week. Hope to see you again soon :)

    michelle
    http://mumoftwoblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Your lovely comments always put a smile on my face! I love reading each and every one! Thank you for stopping by~
Hugs,
~Jo~